In today’s fast-paced and ever-evolving technological landscape, government agencies are always seeking ways to improve operations, save money, and better serve constituents. System Engineering Technical Assistance (SETA) support and services are crucial to helping government agencies meet these goals because they provide agencies with the technical expertise and support needed to successfully complete their projects on time, within budget, and to the desired level of quality.
Here is why SETA services should be a key component of government agencies’ RFPs, and why government contractors should include SETA support as part of their overall proposal and contracts.
SETA is a type of service provided by contractors to help government agencies with the planning, design, development, and implementation of complex systems. There are many benefits, but the most notable include:
- Fewer Defects. Having your systems analyzed by an independent agency can cut down on defects, also known as product slippage or leakage. Having a separate partner analyze various metrics, study test cases, and report findings allows the government to identify issues with current processes, take time to make adjustments and corrections, and allow it to follow an agile framework, making the entire process more streamlined and transparent.
- Access to Skilled Professionals. SETA offers access to highly skilled and experienced professionals who are familiar with the latest technologies and best practices. These professionals can help agencies identify and address potential problems before they arise and provide coaching and training on how to optimize the performance of their systems and technologies. This system can lead to significant cost savings, as well as improved efficiency and effectiveness.
- Access to Technology Expertise. SETA contractors can help government agencies stay ahead of the curve when it comes to new and emerging technologies. This is because SETA professionals are often involved in cutting-edge research and development projects and have a deep understanding of the latest innovations and trends. By including SETA services in their RFPs, government agencies can ensure they are incorporating the latest technologies and best practices into their projects, which can help them remain competitive and relevant in an ever-changing technological landscape.
- Compliance Adherence. SETA professionals are familiar with the government regulations and standards that apply to their projects and can provide guidance and support to ensure they are met. Partnering with an independent SETA support contractor can help reduce the risk of costly mistakes and ensure that agencies are able to deliver high-quality, compliant systems and technologies.
- Cost Savings. Instead of aggregating the cost of a SETA program over a period of performance, it is important to compare the overall cost of SETA services with what it might cost to implement an emergency release or a product defect remediation. It’s difficult to quantify the cost of a bug in a system and what it would cost to fix it. Most of the time, the further you get along the path of rolling out a new technology, the harder it is to go back and fix a problem late in the game. Additionally, if there is a bug in your system, not only will you have to pay for new technology, but you also will have to pay for the costly services of experts to spend time designing a fix, not to mention taking time away from your employees’ other duties. Moreover, defects lead to poor customer satisfaction, which in turn leads to decreased trust in your organization. If you have an independent company analyzing your technology and processes, your risk is reduced by far. Less risk=less overall cost.
SETA services are a critical component of any government agency. They provide access to highly skilled and experienced professionals, keep them ahead of the curve when it comes to new and emerging technologies, ensure that projects are in compliance with relevant regulations and standards, and reduce risk and costs. By insisting on SETA services in their projects, government agencies can ensure that their projects are completed on time, within budget, and to the desired level of quality.
Are you ready to reduce your risk with SETA support services? J3 Consulting can help! Click here to schedule an initial assessment.