Technical Project Manager
J3 Consulting is a consulting firm with extensive experience in the government sector. J3 has worked in the Software Development sector for several years and is proud of its positive past performances.
J3 Consulting is seeking a Technical Project Manager (TPM) with Agile quality and process performance skills and with specialized experience working in an Agile Software Development Environments. The candidate must exhibit initiative and the ability to self-direct tasks with little guidance. The TPM must be skilled in using the tools used by Agile Development teams and be able to extract relevant data from these systems to provide tactical as well as strategic insights to Project Managers as well as Product/Business Owners and Executives. As a member of our team, you will collaborate with Software Developers, DBAs, Systems Administrators, and Users to gain insight on their approach towards completing project deliverables using Agile methodologies. Finally, the candidate must have advanced problem identification, analysis skills and using that develop tactical as well as strategic recommendations to increase the quality and/or performance of the project.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Support the J3 Program Manager and government staff in monitoring all aspects of contractor execution performance management, system integration, IV&V, Deliverable Quality Assessment, consulting services, adherence to the government System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), SAFe Agile framework and guidelines, and the specific requirements of the individual task order’s Statement of Work (SOW).
- Assess contractor quality and performance through the use project management, software repository and document repository systems to inspect project deliverables as well as performance status metrics.
- Utilize advanced data analytics techniques and tools to provide trend analysis, project performance forecasts and provide reports on overall project status as well as recommendations to the Government on how to address and improve project performance.
- Use tabular as well as visual charting static as well as interactive to provide insights to other team members as well as the Government on what the metrics and indicators show about status and future directions.
- Ensure that all charts, analytics, and reports are ready for the weekly and monthly reports.
- Present reports to clients
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Applications Development Experience (in Agile development environment preferred)
- Advanced Data Analytics Skill and Experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Agile Certified – solid understanding of SAFe Agile Processes
- Working knowledge of IV&V processes and best practices.
- Solid understanding of systems development life cycle methodologies and application development practices
- Working knowledge of and experience with Agile Software Development Processes (Scrum)
- Understanding of a Software Development Management Toolset such as Rational or Jira, Collaboration systems such as SharePoint or CoLab is required although the candidate must be able to adjust to using new technologies if they are adopted by the project team.
- Familiar with strategic information planning, business process reengineering and management practices.
- Full understanding of Applications Development SDLC Frameworks
- Agile Certification at minimum a Certified Scrum Master Certification
- Tableau skills intermediate to advanced MS Excel, Microsoft BI, and be able to use the tools as part of their Analysis process.
- EXCEL skills able to demonstrate writing Macro’s and Functions, also able to Create Charts and Pivot Tables
- Programming Skill in VBA (MS Excel), Java, Python, C# or other high-level language preferred
- High Level Platform Development Languages such as PEGA or Salesforce.
- SQL Query Language skills / experience (MySQL, Oracle, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Microsoft PowerPoint Skills.
- Strong analytical skills and a methodical approach to problem solving
- Function well in a collaborative team environment
- Strong ability to document processes and procedures
- Successful candidate is subject to a background investigation by the government and must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
Education & Experience
- 8- 10 year of experience project management, data analytics, performance and process management and Agile methodology
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems, Engineering, or similar discipline.
- 10 years of General IT experience