Systems Testing Engineer
J3 Consulting is a consulting firm with extensive experience in the government sector. J3 has worked in the Systems Testing sector for several years and is proud of its positive past performances.
J3 is seeking System Testing Engineer who can create a strategy for testing specific products; design and implement tests that check the quality and functionality of products. The role requires the ideal candidate to participate in all phases of testing, from determining the exact procedure to troubleshooting errors and communicating recommendations for improvement to the rest of the product development team.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Use Case / Business Rules Verification – Validates the requirements and interface screens specifications are consistent with system requirements in a way that is complete, consistent and traceable.
- Design Verification – Ensures that interfaces between Client UI and Core Services are appropriate. Verifies that Interface Control Documents (ICD) are consistent with BPM, Use Cases and Business Rules.
- Software Test Plan Verification – Looks for effective test coverage. It is important to build and examine the traceability tables for the design artifacts.
- Implementation Verification (Code Reviews) – Conducts code reviews to correctly reflect the implementation. Verification of coding for best practices are followed in coding, naming, data dictionary etc.,
- Application Verification – Allows for the verification of software test plans and software test cases and descriptions.
- Process Validation – Ensures that client standards and industry best practices are being employed to develop the products or executed in the project.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience in full-lifecycle (Concept to Deployment) analysis to ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical constraints.
- Hands on development experience with Web Services and APIs in a .NET SOA environment is preferred.
- The ability to utilize static code analysis tools to identify potential source code errors and experience in performing analysis to verify the validity of the errors and assess the impact the errors on the desired software behaviors is preferred.
- The ability to conduct software hazard analysis and risk assessments is required.
- SDLC standards; 508 compliance standards; IV&V Best Practices and Standards; and Software Security Assurance (SSA) standards.
- In addition, strong analytical, communication and documentation skills are necessary in order to provide the oversight and management of an IV&V program.
- Have recent experience in systems development methodologies and commonly used concepts and practices in the systems-engineering environment.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems, Engineering, or similar discipline.
- At least ten (10) years of experience in all aspects of Testing and systems engineering