Senior Workforce Development Analyst
J3 Consulting is a consulting firm with extensive experience in the government sector. J3 has worked in the Workforce Development sector for several years and is proud of its positive past performances.
J3 Consulting is seeking a Senior level Workforce Development Analyst with project management and technical experience to support the assessment and analysis of complex business problems and issues, primarily in the human capital management and information technology strategy areas, using qualitative and quantitative input from a variety of internal and external sources.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Support and drive execution of the agency IT Workforce Plan
- Update IT Workforce Plan as needed with ongoing monitoring, evaluation and workforce action planning
- Provide stakeholder partnership management with OCIO, HR and other areas onsite at least 3 days/week
- Measure and report against IT Workforce Plan progress and outcomes: set Key Performance Indicator (KPIs), metrics, and Critical Success Factors (CSFs)
- Track activities and report against the IT Workforce Planning Cycle defined along with stakeholder engagement, facilitation and adoption
- Provide OPM Cybersecurity Work Roles of Critical Need (WRCN) Support and develop a WRCN implementation plan
- Report on annual metrics against goals, monitor targets ongoing
- Provide Business Analyst support to partner with EAS (tool owner) to elicit IT Workforce tool requirements and ensures functionality is implemented
- Support implementation of a workforce competency assessment tool, Avilar (or other defined tool)
- Provide functional implementation support (e.g. Requirements documentation and submission, User Acceptance Testing)
- Conduct benchmarking and market research; assess client performance gaps against industry peers/leaders; develop strategic and tactical recommendations to close workforce gaps and improve overall performance.
- Identify trends and patterns in workforce datasets; determine performance drivers and conduct root cause analysis; identify opportunities for improvement and optimization; and develop and present insights and recommendations based on the analysis to key stakeholders and decision-makers.
- Provide ongoing implementation, change/stakeholder management, and strategic communications and documentation support. • Identify workforce and IT governance gaps – produce gap analysis results
- Engage stakeholders on gaps and provide training for analytical assessment
- Interface/partner with government PM certification vendor to verify, validate and ensure PM certification goals are met
- Provide IT Workforce Standing Committee Engagement & Facilitation Support (meeting preparation support (e.g. agenda, materials, etc.), action tracking support and post-meeting follow ups, and SharePoint site maintenance and support
- Provide committee communications and relationship management support
- Develop and maintain dashboard(s) for workforce performance reporting (e.g. show status of KPIs and other performance metrics defined)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Intermediate to advance knowledge in workforce planning and human capital management, strategic planning, business management and operations, and information technology capability management.
- Advanced writing, problem-solving, analytical, critical-thinking, and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication and stakeholder management skills; proven ability to build positive working relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive and collaborate cross-functionally in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment while managing multiple, complex issues and competing priorities simultaneously.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, Human Resources, Information Technology, or a similar discipline.
- 8 – 10 years’ experience as a business analyst and/or consultant, preferably with experience in human capital management, workforce planning, change management, and/or IT management.