Agile Quality & Process Performance Analyst
J3 Consulting is a consulting firm with extensive experience in the government sector. J3 has worked in the Software Development sector for several years and is proud of its positive past performances.
J3 is seeking an Agile Quality and Process Performance Analyst (AQA) with specialized experience working in Agile software development environments. The AQA will support government staff in monitoring all aspects of contract execution, including: performance management, systems integrations, independent verification and validation (IV&V) requirements, deliverable quality assessments, Government focused System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) consulting services, SAFe Agile framework and guidelines, and specified task order requirements detailed in the Statement of Work (SOW). Using project management methodologies and tools, along with multiple repositories, the AQA will assess the contractor’s quality of work and performance by inspecting project deliverables and determining performance status metrics. When needed the AQA will utilize advanced data analytics techniques and tools to provide the Government and other team members trend analysis, performance forecasts and project status reports. In addition, the AQA will use the data to recommend project performance improvements throughout the contract’s lifecycle.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Support product teams, especially the project manager, to identify suitable outcomes that meet the clients’ expectations and develop the monitoring activities. In addition, support the project manager ensuring that performance requirements set out in the SOW are met.
- Collect relevant and accurate data from digital and offline sources, including by managing and developing analytics instrumentation – working with development team members
- Take responsibility for audit and testing of data collection tools
- Produce accurate and actionable analysis of work quality and contractor performance. In addition, share examples of best practice in digital performance management across government and with team members.
- Identify delivery obstacles to improving performance measurements and working with teams to overcome those obstacles
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Agile Certified – solid understanding of SAFe Agile Processes
- Working knowledge of IV&V processes and best practices.
- Solid understanding of Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies and application development practices
- Working knowledge of and experience with Agile Software Development Processes (Scrum).
- Familiar with strategic information planning, business process reengineering and management practices.
- Full understanding of Applications Development SDLC Frameworks
- Agile Certification at minimum a Certified Scrum Master Certification
- Experience in using Software Development Management Toolset such as Rational or Jira
- Experience in using collaboration systems such as SharePoint or CoLab
- Highly advanced MS Excel, Microsoft BI, Tableau skills and be able to use the tools as part of their Analysis process. EXCEL Skills a MUST (Senior Level) able to demonstrate writing Macro’s and Functions, also able to Create Charts and Pivot Tables
- Programming Skill in VBA (MS Excel), Java, Python, C# or other high-level language preferred
- Experience in High Level Platform Development Languages such as PEGA or Salesforce.
- SQL Query Language skills / experience (MySQL, Oracle, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Microsoft PowerPoint Skills.
- Strong analytical skills and a methodical approach to problem solving
- Experience of working in an agile, project-based environment, focused contract quality and performance
- Strong ability to document processes and procedures
- Successful candidate is subject to a background investigation by the government and must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems, Engineering, or similar discipline.
- 10 years of General IT experience
- Applications Development Experience (in Agile development environment preferred)
- Advanced Data Analytics Skill and Experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI)