Agile Project Data Analyst
J3 Consulting is a consulting firm with extensive experience in the government sector. J3 has worked in the Software Development sector for several years and is proud of its positive past performances.
J3 is seeking an Agile Data Project Analyst (ADA) with specialized experience working with software project repository data in Agile development environments. The ADA will support government staff in monitoring all aspects of contract execution, including: performance management, systems integrations, independent verification and validation (IV&V) requirements, deliverable quality assessments, Government focused System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) consulting services, SAFe Agile framework and guidelines, and specified task order requirements detailed in the Statement of Work (SOW). Using project management methodologies and tools, along with multiple repositories, the ADA will assess the contractor’s quality of work and performance by inspecting project deliverables and determining performance status metrics. When needed the ADA will utilize advanced data analytics techniques and tools to extract data from various project sources, as well as create and improve custom analytical tools using her programming skills and experience to provide the Government and other team members trend analysis, performance forecasts and project status reports. In addition, the ADA will use the data to recommend project performance improvements throughout the contract’s lifecycle.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Collect relevant and accurate data from digital and offline sources, including by managing and developing analytics instrumentation – working with development team members
- Take responsibility for audit and testing of data collection tools
- Improve custom tools and develop new tools and techniques for data analysis and performance measurement
- Support product teams, especially the project manager, to identify suitable outcomes that meet the clients’ expectations and develop the monitoring activities and tools. In addition, support the project manager ensuring that performance requirements set out in the SOW are met.
- Produce accurate and actionable analysis of work quality and contractor performance. In addition, share examples of best practice in digital performance management across government and with team members.
- Identify delivery obstacles to improving performance measurements and working with teams to overcome those obstacles
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Agile Certified – solid understanding of SAFe Agile Processes
- 3-5 years’ experience working with IV&V processes and best practices.
- Solid understanding of Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies and application development practices
- Highly advanced MS Excel, Microsoft BI, Tableau skills and be able to use the tools as part of their Analysis process. EXCEL Skills a MUST (Senior Level) able to demonstrate writing Macros and Functions, also able to Create Charts and Pivot Tables as well as extract and prepare data from various sources to use as input to analysis tools.
- Programming Skill in VBA (MS Excel), Java, Python, C# or other high-level language required
- Strong organizational and time-management skills and ability to deliver high-quality work under deadlines
- 3-5 years’ experience working with Agile Software Development Processes (Scrum).
- Strong understanding of strategic information planning, business process reengineering and management practices.
- Full understanding of Applications Development SDLC Frameworks
- Agile Certification at minimum a Certified Scrum Master Certification
- Experience in using Software Development Management Toolset such as Rational or Jira
- Experience in using collaboration systems such as SharePoint, Confluence, or CoLab
- Experience in High Level Platform Development Languages such as PEGA or Salesforce.
- SQL Query Language skills / experience (MySQL, Oracle, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft PowerPoint Skills.
- Strong analytical skills and a methodical approach to problem solving
- Experience working in an Agile, project-based environment, focused contract quality and performance
- Strong ability to document processes and procedures
- Successful candidate is subject to a background investigation by the government and must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems, Engineering, or similar discipline.
- Solid Programming experience in C#, VBA, Python or similar languages.
- Applications Development Experience (in Agile development environment preferred)
- 10 years of General IT experience
- Advanced Data Analytics Skill and Experience
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) certification, preferred
We help our employees stay safe by staying home! All J3 team members work remote full-time. We find that team members are more productive while taking care of their families during this trying and uncertain time.